Want to sign up on IRCTC? Then continue reading! You can do that in just 2 minutes. As you know, an Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd or IRCTC account is necessary to book railway tickets online. We all prefer to book a railway ticket online rather than standing in a long queue to get tickets. As you know, the Indian railway is one of the largest railway networks in the world with more than 12,000 trains running each day, which can carry about 23 million people. So, its a fact that a massive number of people are frequently or regularly using the train for travelling and may need to wait long to get a ticket. That’s why they developed a platform for us to book tickets online from anywhere and its compulsory to register there to reserve tickets so that we can make changes or cancel on it later.
How to Create an IRCTC Account?
Sometimes, there will be some confusion or errors while creating an account and if you face anything like that then, check this article and you can create an account or sign up a new account in few minutes. For frequent or regular travellers, it must have an IRCTC account to can book tickets very easily, quickly and it surely helps to save lots of time. You can create a new account through the IRCTC official website or can do through the IRCTC Rail Connect application. Creating an account through the app is much faster and more comfortable while comparing with the website method.
Railway or Train ticket booking is possible from the application as well as the website. Obviously, ticket booking through the app is more convenient to us and its possible to book even Tatkal tickets through the app. The application is available in the play store, and Android users can download from there and also its available on the App Store, iPhone users can download the application from there. Nowadays, everyone owns a smartphone so, now its really easy to book a ticket online via IRCTC application if you have an account there. You may just need to open the app, select the locations, date, time, choose the train and pay the amount. I will explain the steps to create an account via application as well as via the website. Just follow it correctly, and you can create your accounts in only 2 minutes.
You may also like: Best 6 Facebook AutoLiker App
How to Register IRCTC Account Via Mobile App?
As I have already mentioned that the app is available for both the android users as well as for the iOS users. I have attached the direct download links below, download the IRCTC Rail Connect application and book tickets from anywhere. To download and install, just go through the link from your Android or iOS smartphone and click on download and it will automatically download and install the app on your device. So, now let’s check the registration steps.
- Firstly, you have to download and install the application on your device, install it from the links below.
- Open the app after installing, now it asks to log in your IRCTC account or to signup if you don’t have an account. So, to register a new account, click on the Register button.
- On the User Registration page, you have to fill in your details like. First, middle and last name, date of birth, gender, enter your mobile number, password, and then, you have to select a username and password.
- After filling all these required details, scroll down and tap on Next.
- Next, it asks to provide your address details (many people face some errors on this steps, if you something like that then, check below to get the solution).
- After providing those details, it asks to verify your mobile number and email with one-time password or OTP.
- Enter the received OTP there and complete the verification.
- After that, log in using the username and password. So, you have successfully created your account and its ready to book tickets.
How to Solve the Error While Entering Address Details?
Many people face some errors while providing the address details and if you face the same then here is the solution for you. You get the error only if you use any special characters like “/” or “-” while entering details. So, avoid using these special characters. Another error is the character limit, you may get some error like “Min. 3 Characters & Max. 225 alphabets, number and space, are allowed”. So, its allowed to use a maximum of 225 characters and minimum 3 characters are needed. The spaces will also be considered as a character so, enter your address details shortly and also don’t use any types of special characters, that’s all.
So, now its let’s check how to create IRCTC new account or register an account via the official website.
How to Make IRCTC Account Via IRCTC.co.in?
It’s easy to create an account via IRCTC.co.in but, it’s faster to create with the mobile app. just follow the below steps, and you can do that in a few minutes.
- Firstly go to the IRCTC official website: Link
- Then, click on the “Register” option at the top to sing up/create a new account.
- Now, the IRCTC Registration Form will open up.
- Choose an available username, password, then you have to select one security question and just give an answer to that. The security question feature is added in the Registration form to have more security to your data or account, and if you forgot your password in future then it may ask for this security question answer so, its required to remember the answer).
- After that, you have to enter your personal details like First name, Last name, Gender, Date of birth, Email ID, Mobile number, etc.
- After that, provide your Residential Address details, and then you have to solve the Captcha, accept the terms and conditions.
- After completing all the steps, click on the Submit option to Submit Registration Form and now, a thank you message, or a confirmation message will appear with some information to activate the account.
- Now, you have successfully provided all the required details but, need to verify and activate your account. Follow the below steps to complete registration.
You may also like to read:
How to Activate IRCTC Account?
You have to verify your mobile number and email provided while filling the registration form to activate the account. So, just follow the below steps to verify and activate your account very quickly.
- Firstly, go to the IRCTC website homepage – Link
- Click on the Login option at the top and then on the popup windows, enter your username, password and captcha and then click on login option.
- Now, it will ask to verify your mobile number and email address using OTP or the one-time password.
- After Verifying both the mobile number and email, your account is completely activated.
- So, you have successfully completed the verification and can book tickets now.
I hope this article was beneficial and made your account successfully. You can book the tickets very easily after account login, and they are providing many payment options which include the debit card. Credit card, internet banking and also digital wallets like paytm are also available. If you have any doubts/queries or face any issues while creating an account, then feel free to comment below. I will reply to your comments as soon as possible. Do share this article with your friends. Thank you.